- Professional / Associate
- Aspiring / Student
- Portrait Individual -- person aged 13 or older, or an animal
- Portrait Group -- two or more individuals, adults, children and / or animals combined
- Portrait Child/ren -- one or more pre-teen children
- Commercial / Industrial -- products, architectural, aerials typically used to exhibit, promote or sell a product or idea. People may appear as long as they are not identifiable
- Electronic Imaging -- images created or enhanced by electronic means. Entrant MUST have performed all electronic / digital manipulation work.
- Illustrative -- scenic, artistic or other similar subject matter. People may be present but not identifiable.
- Wedding / Bridal -- images from wedding events or bridal portraits
- Any size or shape
- Image area shall be 80 square inches minimum
- Image area must not exceed 480 square inches
- Largest / longest dimension must not exceed 24 inches; MASTERS ONLY EXCEPTION: longest dimension may be 30 inches (second dimension would then be 16 inches maximum)
- Mounted on standard mount material (matte, gator, foam or Sintra boards only)
- Combined thickness at least 1/8 inch, but no more than 3/8 inch
- No foreign material may be added to surface of the print other than standard retouching materials
- May not submit same subject / model in same month. If you submit an album and a print, it must be of two different models and/or events / sessions.
- May not submit same image more than once.
- The creator’s name must not be visible from the front of the image.
- All entries submitted that include people in their content must have a "Model Release" on file.
- No entry will be eligible that has been made under the supervision of an instructor or as a class assignment.
If your print does not meet the above requirements, the entry will be disqualified; it will receive judges feedback, but not be eligible to win any prizes or recognition.
All entries are due no later than 5 P.M., the Monday before the monthly meeting and must be submitted online at www.ppgsa.org.
Late entries are allowed after this deadline with a $5.00 late fee, but must be submitted no later than 5:00 P.M. the day of the monthly meeting.