- Professional / Associate
- Aspiring / Student
- Portrait -- Photographs of individuals or groups, regardless of age or number of individuals, as well as animals. (Exception – those that meet the criteria for Illustrative, Wedding, or Digital Artist categories)
- Scenic -- Scenes or elements from nature where people are not the dominate feature of the image. This includes most nature and landscape photographs.
- Illustrative -- Images such as photographic art, photojournalism, architectural, commercial, or other images that do not fit any of the other categories. Portraits and wedding images are not appropriate for this category.
- Wedding -- Any photographic image from a wedding event or bridal portrait session. Engagement images are not appropriate for this category.
- Digital Artist -- Composites, paintings, and other elements that extend beyond traditional retouching and changing the entire scope of the finished product.
- Album - Albums may be of any subject.
- The member must have captured and created the original image(s), unless included as an element within the Digital Artist category.
- Images and albums that have been previously accepted at a PPSA competition are not eligible. Images and albums scoring an 80 or higher at a State-affiliated guild competition, a District-affiliated competition, the PPA International Photographic Competition, or the World Photographic Cup competition are not eligible.
- An image or album may only be entered once, regardless of calendar year, and whether they are a single digital image, an image in an album, or an element in a collage or composite.
- A subject or model may only be entered or used once per calendar year.
- The entrant’s name or studio name shall not appear anywhere on the face of any entry.
- All entries submitted that include people in their content must have a "Model Release" on file.
- No entry will be eligible that has been made under the supervision of an instructor or as a class assignment.
The Director of Exhibits has the authority to re-categorize, correct data entry discrepancies, or disqualify any entry. Disqualified entries may be judged but are ineligible to receive any awards.
All entries are due no later than 6 P.M., the Wednesday (generally the second Wednesday of the month) a week before the monthly meeting. The entries must be submitted online at www.ppgsa.org. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED!